Active since 1980, StoneBridge and its affiliates have acquired and developed more than $1.5 billion in real estate for its foreign and domestic investors. Our strong track record and extensive network of relationships allows us to quickly and efficiently identify and pursue new opportunities, many of which are off-market transactions.
We live and work in our target markets, making us intimately familiar with each property and neighborhood we invest in. We strive to leverage this local knowledge with our hands on, entrepreneurial, and opportunistic approach to uncover unique and exciting opportunities. We only pursue projects we truly believe in, and we always co-invest alongside our partners.
We seek opportunistic investments that allow us to add value through some combination of improved management, renovation, repositioning, and/or capital restructuring. We are flexible and able to pursue projects both independently and in a joint venture structure. Below are our general investment guidelines:
- Urban or suburban infill locations with proximity to public transit, major employment centers, and/or walkable communities
- Located in major markets in Washington, DC, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Texas
- Total project size of $10 - 100 MM
- Perform independently or with strategic joint-venture partner
- Opportunity to create value for our investors through management efficiencies, renovation, redevelopment, repositioning, adaptive reuse, or capital restructuring
- Exit strategy as residential rental or condo conversion
- Hold period of 3-10 years
We recognize every project is unique with its own risk profile and opportunities, and we evaluate each project independently on a case-by-case basis.